Project Description

 

Christ the King Parish was founded in 1933 to serve the growing population on the north side of South Bend.  As the congregation continued to grow, a new church and rectory were constructed in 1961 to replace the “little white church” that had served parishioners for so many years.  The interior of the church has seen many renovations over the years, with the addition of beautiful stained glass windows in 2011, and a pipe organ in 2017.

Christ the King School was founded in 1955 and has been a vital ministry in the parish ever since, currently serving over 475 students.  As our dedicated teachers, staff and school families work hard to form the hearts and minds of our children, the school also continues to bring life to the entire parish community.  Indeed, our school is the largest ministry of the parish, and we realize that keeping our school strong is essential in order to maintain the vibrancy of our parish.

The school has seen many physical expansions over the years, too.  A primary wing was built in 1979 to allow us to begin offering kindergarten.  In 2001 a new addition was dedicated, with beautiful new facilities for computers, art and music, plus a beautiful new library and an impressive science lab.  In 2010, a new playground was constructed, offering expansive green space for our children and a walking path featuring the Stations of the Cross.

Our facilities house a wide variety of ministries, ranging from Religious Education and Youth Ministry, to sacramental preparation, Bible studies, adult education and groups for those who have been widowed or divorced.  Additionally, our grounds host a wide variety of social events to build community among our parishioners.  There is usually something going on at Christ the King any time you drive by – we’re blessed to be part of such a dynamic faith community!

Architectural Renderings