Christ the King Catholic Church is a parish of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, founded in 1933 to serve the area just north of South Bend.  It was entrusted to the care of  the Congregation of Holy Cross and has been faithfully served by Holy Cross priests, sisters and brothers ever since.  The original church building was dedicated in 1935 and stood for the next quarter-century.

By the 1960’s, the north side had grown rapidly, and Christ the King outgrew their beloved little white church.  A new church building was dedicated in 1961.  Several renovations later, this building continues to serve our parish community.

Classes began at Christ the King School in 1953, and the original school building opened in 1955.   The school has witnessed several expansions since then.  A new primary wing was opened in 1979, and another addition was dedicated in 2001, which houses impressive new library, computer, music and science facilities.  Today the school serves over 500 children from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade.