Middle School Language Arts!
Mrs. Dana Dyczko, M.Ed.
- Students need to have a book to read for class every day!
- Students are expected to read for 30 minutes every evening at home as part of the homework for Language Arts.
- Students keep every assignment, quiz, test, and classwork in their LA binder. If you have a question about a grade or an assignment, be sure to check your child’s binder.
- My Scholastic Activation Code is GMGB3
Click on the images below to see the two-week schedule we will follow all year in both 6th and 7th grade:
Grammar | Vocabulary | Writing | Reading | Speech
Categories and Weights
Materials Needed Every Day
- Blue or Black ink pen
- Red pen for grading
- LA Binder
- Accelerated Reader Book
Classroom Textbooks and workbooks
- Write Source
- Write Source Skills Book
- Wordly Wise Vocabulary
- GreatBooks Roundtable Literature Anthology
Final Draft Formatting Requirements for Writing Papers
- Font Style – Times New Roman
- Font Size – 12
- Double Spaced – Correctly
- MLA Heading
- First Name Last Name
- Teacher’s Name
- Class (Subject)
- Date (Day Month Year ie 19 June 2016)
- No extra spaces between paragraphs