Welcome to Mrs. Watt’s Third Grade Class!
3W is a self-contained third grade classroom. We have 27 students this year. There are 13 girls and 14 boys. Third graders are eager to learn and enjoy their friendships and classroom experience. The curriculum is full of fun and challenging subjects. Here are a few highlighted topics:
- Rocks and minerals
- Life cycles of plants
- Writing well developed paragraphs
- Writing friendly letters and running a post office
- Reading with fluency and comprehension
- Developing the writing process and their creative writing styles
- The history, geography, government, and cultures of our communities
- Geometry & Fractions
- Learning to live our lives as disciples of Jesus
In order to foster good study habits the students faithfully record daily assignments and important information in their assignment notebooks. Please inspect their notebook and home folder nightly. If all homework is complete, please sign the notebook.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me through my voicemail (272-3922 ext. 125) or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. or send me a note. The assignment notebook is a great way to communicate. I see it first thing each morning. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
And keep up with what we’re doing in the classroom by reading my BLOG!