Welcome to Ms. Gallagher’s Class
Christ the King Middle School Summer Reading 2014*
*For the full document, see Mrs. Dyczko’s webpage. This is a list of just the books for 7th and 8th graders.
Entering 7th graders will choose one piece of
fiction from their list of choices (some titles are also available to borrow from the Language Arts
department) and one free choice.
The entering 8th grade students will choose two fictional pieces of
literature from the choices provided by Ms. Gallagher, and one free choice book.
7th Grade Summer Reading List – ONLY UNABRIDGED VERSIONS
(Please choose one you have not already read.)
1. Across Five Aprils 2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.
3. Tom Sawyer 4. The Hobbit
5. Treasure Island 6. Invisible Man
7. Johnny Tremain 8. Anne of Green Gables
9. Charlotte Doyle 10. The Secret Garden
11. The Old Man and the Sea 12. Emma
13. Around the World in Eighty Days 14. Jacob I have Loved
8th Grade Summer Reading List – ONLY UNABRIDGED VERSIONS
(Please choose two you have not already read.)
Christie 4. Of Mice and Men- John Steinbeck 5. Animal Farm- George Orwell 6. The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare-