Holy Week is upon us! This is the most important week of the liturgical year, so I hope that all of us have plans for how we’re going to take some extra time during this week to be with the Lord and to prepare our hearts for Easter. In addition to anything you might do individually or as a family, there will be plenty of opportunities here at the parish to observe Holy Week:
- The Chrism Mass will take place at St. Matthew’s Cathedral on Monday April 15th at 7:30pm. This Mass features the blessing of the holy oils that will be used at each parish throughout the coming year.
- Extra confession times will be offered on Tuesday April 16th at 7pm, Wednesday April 17th at 6pm, and Thursday April 18th at 9am.
- Our Lenten Reflection Series on the Sorrowful Mysteries will continue this Tuesday April 16th at 7pm in the Holy Cross Chapel.
- Morning Prayer will be offered at the church at 8:30am on Thursday April 18th, Friday April 19th and Saturday April 20th.
- The Mass of the Lord’s Supper will kick off the Sacred Triduum liturgies on Thursday April 18th at 7pm. This Mass commemorates the institution of the Eucharist and the priesthood, and it will include the Washing of the Feet. Prayer will continue in front of the Blessed Sacrament throughout the evening, concluding with Night Prayer at 10pm.
- Our Good Friday service will begin at 1pm on Friday April 19th, including the veneration of the cross.
- The Easter Vigil will begin at 9pm on Saturday April 20th. This will include the Baptism, Confirmation and First Eucharist of our elect who’ve been preparing in the RCIA and RCIC programs.
I look forward to seeing you throughout the week. The more we prepare throughout Holy Week, the more ready our hearts will be to celebrate Easter Sunday with the greatest possible joy!